Good aggregation of data by Esteban. Below are a few notes:
- Ranked by growth, India (51.7%) and Indonesia (51.6%) are the Top 5 social networking countries, followed by India, Mexico and Brazil.
- Only 16% of Facebook “fans” see posts. Make sure that is communicated to stakeholders when you report your Facebook reach.
- U.S. Social Media ad spending to reach $9.8 billion by 2016, challenging traditional advertising and threatening display ad growth.
- Google+ has 150 MM monthly active users after only 1 year, less of social network more of a SoLoMo layer.
- Since December 2011, YouTube views have dropped by 28% while YouTube tries to be a TV-like appointment viewing platform with their premium channels.
- 75% of U.S. Smartphone owners regularly use location-based services.
- Pinterest visits are slowing down, just like the number of users of FB Connect. A correction or a trend?
- “Social Business” shifting from buzzword to market reality.
Tags: Facebook, location-based service, smartphone, social business, Social Marketing, social media, SoLoMo, YouTube
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.